Got Game? Register Today!
October, 2019-April, 2020
Hoop season is upon us and we are asking basketball teams and enthusiasts everywhere to join the Epilepsy Foundation’s Athletes vs Epilepsy Nothin’ But Net Epilepsy Awareness Fundraiser. This fundraiser promotes epilepsy awareness, which is critical in our fight to END EPILEPSY®.
One in 26 people will develop epilepsy in their lifetime. That becomes more real for us if we think about it this way: the average basketball team has 13 players on its roster; which means 26 players will suit up for each game. One average one of those 26 players taking the court on game day could be affected by the challenges of epilepsy at some point during their lifetime.
Here’s what you can do to help:
Step 1 – Click the purple Button to Register!
You will receive a free Nothin’ But Net fundraising page to share your story of why you are supporting the cause; share the link to your page with others; and ask for their support with a donation.
Step 2 – Decide if you want to do an activity.
Here are some ideas!
- Show Us Your Nothin’ But Net Shot. Post your story, videos and photos on your amazing *trick shot or dunk on your fundraising page and via social media to build awareness about epilepsy and support the Epilepsy Foundation. Be sure to tag and hashtag your post with @epilepsyfdn, #AthletesVsEpilepsy and #EndEpilepsy. Remember to use @EpilepsyFoundationofAmerica for all Facebook posts.
* While the Athletes vs Epilepsy Nothin’ But Net campaign is a unique opportunity for you to participate and raise funds and awareness, it is important that you do so under the guidance of your medical team, and you proceed with caution. Athletes vs Epilepsy and the Epilepsy Foundation does not condone or encourage activities that would put you or others in danger.
- Show Your Purple Pride! Wear purple and ask your team, coworkers, family friends, cheerleaders, student body and fans to wear purple for a day or to a game.
- Host a Nothin’ But Net Awareness Game or Skills Competition! Dedicate a game to the Epilepsy Foundation. Enhance your event with a skills competition, or half-time performance. Announce information and statistics about epilepsy as a part of your PA announcements.
Step 3 Spread the Word!
- Email the link to your event fundraising page to everyone you know.
- Post flyers to promote your Nothin’ But Net Epilepsy Awareness Fundraiser around your school, neighborhood and community. Create your own flyer or use the flyer template provided in your toolkit.
- Boost this idea into your Social Media network! Asking friends and family to re-post/share/like on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Don’t forget to use #AthletesVsEpilepsy, #EndEpilepsy and tag @epilepsyfdn
Use any of these post ideas below to help spread awareness:
- “I am raising awareness and funds for the Epilepsy Foundation’s #AthletesVsEpilepsy Nothin’ But Net, join me or ask me how you can help me hoop it up!”
- “I’m hoopin’ it up for Nothin’ But Net in support of #AthletesVsEpilepsy #EndEpilepsy! Ask me how you can help me ball out for epilepsy.”
- “I’m hoopin’ for a good cause, #AthletesVsEpilepsy @epilepsyfdn #EndEpilepsy”
*Create a fundraising page and when you hit the $26 mark in funds raised, we will send you 13 Athletes vs Epilepsy bracelets to wear and share with your friends and family.
*Create a fundraising page and donate or raise an additional $50 (reaching at least the $76 mark in funds raised) and we will send you an Athletes vs Epilepsy Tee Shirt.
(*Set of 13 bracelets and one t-shirt per individual fundraising page created.)
We are so excited that you want to make a difference in the lives of so many. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nichole Manning-Ashe at email@example.com.
Thank you again for your support of the Epilepsy Foundation and Athletes vs Epilepsy.