We asked our Athlete Ambassadors to answer these 10 fun questions all about their workouts, inspirations, and lives. Read on for college athlete Dalton Richey’s answers:
Name: Dalton Richey
City of residence: Montgomery, Texas
Hometown: Montgomery, Texas
Profession: College student and sales associate at Academy
1. Which three words would your friends use to describe you?
Trustworthy, hardworking, and determined.
2. Which living person do you most admire and why?
I admire Coach Jerry Kill of the University of Minnesota. Coach Kill is an amazing football coach and wonderful human being who is always giving back and never lets his epilepsy define who he is.
3. Who inspires you in your athletic pursuits and why?
Audie Wyatt, an amazing pole vaulter at Texas A&M. Audie was always helping me in high school at meets even though we were competing against each other. He deserves all the talent he has.
4. What is the happiest moment of your life thus far?
Earning my varsity letters in track and football.
5. What is/are your favorite song(s) to listen to while working out?
“Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down, “Hero” by Foo Fighters, and anything by Disturbed.
6. What is your favorite time of day to work out/train and why?
Early morning because it isn't too hot when I go for my run.
7. What is your go-to snack to give you energy before a workout or competition?
A big spoon of peanut butter.
8. What is your favorite book?
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.
9. How do you unwind and de-stress after a competition?
Come home, lie down for a while, and then play video games.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
My awareness bracelet I have honoring one of my best friends who passed away from cystic fibrosis.
Share your own answers to these questions in the comments below!