We asked out Athlete Ambassadors and Board of Directors to answer these 10 fun and informative questions about their workouts, inspirations, and lives. Read on for Sam Estes answers:
Name: Sam Estes
City of residence: Alexandria, VA
Hometown: Metro Detroit
Profession: Contract Project Manager of Force Protection- Department of Homeland Security
1. Which three words would your friends use to describe you?
Athletic, Competitive, Socially Conscious
2. Which living person do you most admire and why?
My son Julian, because I see so much of my Father in him, and my Father was my idol.
3. Who inspires you in your athletic pursuits and why?
My health inspires me. I want to live as long as possible for my family. So staying fit and healthy inspires me to continue.
4. What is the happiest moment of your life thus far?
The birth of my son. Hands down
5. What is/are your favorite song(s) to listen to while working out?
Sam Cooke and Bill Withers songs
6. What is your favorite time of day to work out/train and why?
0400 Early morning workouts because no one is in the gym.
7. What is your go-to snack to give you energy before a workout or competition?
Fruit Salad and fish
8. What is your favorite book?
Race Matters-Dr. Cornel West. Transformed my life at an early age.
9. How do you unwind and de-stress after a competition?
10. What is your most treasured possession?
My Family. They are my heart beat.