Epilepsy Awareness Game and Skills Competition
We are asking youth and adult basketball teams and leagues around the country to host an Epilepsy Awareness game with a halftime skills competition or 3-point shooting contest! Your efforts will help raise much need funds and awareness for the 3 million people, and 460,000 children, in the U.S. who live with epilepsy.
Here’s how it works:
It’s so easy and so much fun!
Donate to the Cause! Ask friends, family and your community to make a donation to the Epilepsy Foundation’s Athletes vs Epilepsy initiative. Either by check or make a donation to your school’s fundraising page that you will create through Athletes vs Epilepsy.
Show Your Purple Pride! Ask your team, cheerleaders, student body and fans to wear purple to the game.
Nothin’-But-Net! Plan out your skills competition or 3 point shooting contest:
Questions to Ask:
- How many participants?
- How do we select the participants – by Fundraising totals?
- What is the prize/recognition for winning the competition (baskets made vs. highest fundraiser?)
Here’s what you need to do:
3 Steps to get your Nothin’-But-Net Fundraiser on the board!
1st! Get approval from your Athletic Department and or head coach.
- Confirm the event date, time and location.
- Ask the opposing team to participate.
2nd! Register your event on AthletesVsEpilpesy.com by clicking the purple registration button.
- Tell us a brief story about your school and why you are hosting the event.
- Add photos of your team, school and of course yourself!
- Most important! Tell people how they can participate and donate! Once, you have registered your event, you will receive a Nothin’-But-Net Guide to Fundraising Toolkit with resourceful information to help you plan and manage your event.
3rd! Spread the Word!
- Email the link to your event fundraising page to everyone you know.
- Post flyers to promote your Nothin’-But-Net Epilepsy Awareness game around your school, neighborhood and community. Create your own flyer or use the flyer template provided in the resource section located at the top of your fundraising page.
Show this informational page to your school administrators or team coaches to help start the process! Or click here to download the Nothin'-But-Net Event Summary to share.
We are so excited that you want to make a difference in the lives of so many. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nichole Manning-Ashe at email@example.com.
Thank you again for your support of the Epilepsy Foundation and Athletes vs Epilepsy.