Yoga for a Cause
Get Your Om On!
14 Suburban Chicago Area Studios to host a Donation Class on June 24th
14 Suburban Chicago Studios will be hosting a Donation Class to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation on June 24th! Click here to find a Studio near you!
The lotus flower, has a wealth of meaning and history behind it. The lotus flower blooms on the surface of water with its roots deep in the mud – a symbol of light and emergence from darkness. The lotus blossom represents the heart opening. The opening of the lotus flower petals is often compared to the unfolding of what is divine within you. It is a perfect reflection of new beginnings, purity and enlightenment. A closed bloom is the heart with its infinite potential for enlightenment, waiting to unfold.
Yoga has been shown to help alleviate stress and help improve overall health and wellbeing.
Do you practice the healing art of yoga? Then join us and create your own Yoga for a Cause fundraiser to help raise awareness a much needed funds to help support the Epilepsy Foundation and those who are living with the challenges of epilepsy.
It's simple and fun. Here's how you can get your Om on!
- ASK! The next time you are at your studio ask the manager if they would be interested in hosting a donation class to raise funds and awareness for the Epilepsy Foundation. You may have to set up a separate appointment time to meet with the manager to share your ideas and begin the planning process.
- Share Your Story! When other people know how personal this cause is to you, they are often more willing to help. Be sure to share why this cause is so meaningful to you.
- Set A Date! Establish the date, time and how you will raise funds. Recommend a donation amount and class type.
- Promote! You need people to attend, so both you and the studio should share the details of your event with studio members, friends and family. Create a flyer (like the one below) and send out to your friends and family. Email the link to your personal fundraising page to everyone you know!
- Get Your Om On! Ask for 3 minutes at the beginning of the class to welcome and thank everyone for coming. Briefly share your story of why this is a great event helping a great cause. Remember to thank the studio.
Remember to register your event here and share the details on your customizable fundraising page! Send the link to your page to all your friends and family. If they can't make it, they can still donate! Use the Donation form (located in the resources section in the black bar located at the top of your fundraising page.) to send in any donation checks given to you or the studio.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nichole Manning-Ashe at firstname.lastname@example.org.